Friday, February 10, 2012

Poetry


For The Taking
by SuniD

There is heaviness to time;
urgency about words.
I obsess
and constantly review,
embracing the weight
of retaining shrewd lessons.
Gauche stumbling will lessen.
Bleeding heels bruise over time.
I weigh
The reception of words.
Write, read, review
and again obsess.
Obsessively
excavating obscure lessons.
Familiarizing through review,
I murder time.
Demolish words;
feathery paper weights.
Faultless syntactical phrases weigh
on my graphite tongue. Obsessed
with formless words
and untaught lessons,
I make time
and potential future review.
My book review
plunges like anvil weight
through the quagmire of wasted time.
The correspondent obsesses
over yoga lessons,
not words.
Words
connote historic review
of cultural lessons.
Fragile minds bore the weight
of a scholar obsessed,
adding substance through time.